I have a blog post sharing my experience Building A Native Soundcloud Android App With React Native And Redux
This repo is stolen from the awesome soundredux project by @andrewngu , I've been using it instead of the official Soundclould client for a week.
What I've learned
- Having redux as the data layer, it takes no effort to switch the view layer from DOM to react-native
- Writing CSS with flexbox is easy than normal CSS
- Building a native module for react-native is simple and straightforword thanks to the effort and nice design from Facebook
- Soundcloud API is awesome
Currently only focused on Android developement because I don't have an iOS device and it's only fun when your code running on your own device.
The code is still a mess with ES6 + ES5 code mixed together. And I haven't done import all the features from soundredux and some of the code is even not used yet.
- Check Android Setup
Feedback, issues, etc. are more than welcome!
- InfinteScroll to load more songs
- To be able to switch genre
- Clean up code
- A modal to display song detail like the official client
To run it on a real device, bundle the jsfile into the apk by running:
- create an assets folder under
- curl "http://localhost:8081/index.android.bundle?platform=android" -o "android/app/src/main/assets/index.android.bundle"