Servant is a custom Vagrant virtual machine which offers a straightforward and easy to use web-development system based on services like Apache, PHP (FPM), MySQL and phpMyAdmin, but isolated from your host system. Primary goal is to provide a consistent dev environment for developers or employees of a small company/startup.
- Isolated from OS X host system (OS updates won't affect the dev services, ever)
- Performant (PHP-FPM and OPcache module enabled)
- Easily add and remove projects (virtual hosts), servant automatically creates the necessary web server configurations as well as a MySQL database
- Automatically write/update
/etc/hostsfile on your Mac
- Supports PHP 5.6 and alternatively 5.5
- Supports MySQL 5.6 and alternatively 5.5
Installation and usage
Please take a look at the documentation over at http://servant.rtfd.io.
Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b feature/my-new-feature
Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
Push to the branch:
git push origin feature/my-new-feature
Submit a pull request
Requirements / Dependencies
- fideloper, for the idea to bootstrap Vagrant using Shell provisioners