Welcome to servant's documentation!
servant is a custom Vagrant virtual machine which offers a straightforward and easy to use web-development system based on services like Apache, PHP (FPM), MySQL and phpMyAdmin, but isolated from your host system. Primary goal is to provide a consistent dev environment for developers or employees of a small company/startup.
- Isolated from OS X host system (OS updates won't affect the dev services, ever)
- Performant (PHP-FPM and OPcache module enabled)
- Easily add and remove projects (virtual hosts), servant automatically creates the necessary web server configurations as well as a MySQL database
- Automatically write/update /etc/hosts file on your Mac
- Supports PHP 5.6 and alternatively 5.5
- Supports MySQL 5.6 and alternatively 5.5
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Getting started requirements installation general
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 :caption: Usage vhosts mysql php configuration