e-max helps you to manage your emacs configuration and allows you to stay in sync with other fellow emacs users. It is designed to be a community-driven framework to build your emacs configuration. The ultimate goal of e-max is to provide a hassle-free, fast and robust emacs setup.
We want to get e-max working under as many different circumstances as possible. We are aiming to make the configuration as platform-/emacs-version independent as possible. So all you need to use e-max is Emacs.
$ bash < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/senny/e-max/master/scripts/install.sh)
$ git clone https://github.com/senny/e-max.git $ cd e-max $ ./scripts/install.sh
Installation on Windows
- You need to have emacs and git installed
- Clone the e-max repository with git git clone https://github.com/senny/e-max.git
- Create a .emacs.d directory in your %HOME% folder
- Copy the file templates/init.el from e-max to %HOME%/.emacs.d/init.el
- Replace "E-MAX-DIR/" in the init.el with the path to the e-max checkout
- If you are familiar with batch scripts, please write us a install.bat which does that ;-)
e-max fundamental organization are bundles. You can eneable and disable the configuration on a per bundle basis.
The bundles live in e-max/bundles. The active bundles are configured in your ~/.emacs.d/init.el file in the
The following bundles are supported currently:
- ergonomic (use ergonomic keybindings to use emacs more efficently)
- accessibility (make emacs behave the way you expect it and get distractions out of the way)
- git (git handling with magit)
- lisp (to write elisp)
- python (to write python)
- projects (simple projects management stuff)
Your Bundles are welcome too!
if you got a peace of emacs functionality, that you think might be usefull for other people, please package it up in a bundle and open a pull-request.
The project is under active development and we are always looking for assistance.
- Fork e-max
- Create a topic branch -
git checkout -b my_branch
- Make your changes and update the History.txt file
- Push to your branch -
git push origin my_branch
- Send me a pull-request for your topic branch
- That's it!