WordPress meets HTML5 Boilerplate, Bootstrap, and PJAX
Roots PJAX makes asynchronous layouts in WordPress a reality, which combined with the existing components of Roots, is a powerful and full featured starting point for your next WordPress project.
PJAX "loads html from your server into the current page without a full page load. It's AJAX with real permalinks, page titles, and a working back button that fully degrades." Browsing just "feels faster" and makes mixing and matching static and dynamic site elements a breeze. By default, PJAX loads content asynchronously within the
#wrap div, providing load once static functionality to the header and the footer.
- Install and activate Roots.
- Download and extract Roots PJAX in the WordPress
- Add custom functionality in
functions.phpand style to taste within
- Activate the Roots PJAX theme in the WordPress Dashboard.
MIT/X11 - See LICENSE
- Roots Theme: The Unlicense
- HTML5 Boilerplate: The Unlicense
- Modernizr: MIT/BSD license
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- Normalize.css: Public Domain
- Bootstrap: Apache 2.0 license