Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the free jqGrid wiki!
It contains currently short description of new features introduced by free jqGrid 4.8.
Overview of the main changes:
- Auto-adjustment of the width of columns based on the content of data in the column and the column headers. See here for more details.
- Redesign of the structure of Navigator Bar of the pagers. Allow wrapping of icons in multiple lines and allow to place texts under the navigator icons. See here for more details.
- Support of scalable Font Awesome icons as an alternative to jQuery UI 16x16px icons. New option
iconSetallows to redefine the full set of icons used in jqGrid. Two sets are included out of the box:
iconSet: "jQueryUI"(default because of compatibility with old jqGrid versions) and
iconSet: "fontAwesome". jqGrid allows to define custom
iconSetand to use it in the same way like predefined
"fontAwesome". See here for more details.
- Support of grids with multiple locale on the same page. The files
i18nfolder defines now the set of localization values under
$.jgrid.locales. The new
localeoption of jqGrid allows to specify the locale of the grid. In can be any value defined in locale files
grid.locale-XX.jsincluded on the page. The locale defined in the last included
grid.locale-XX.jsis default. See here for more details.
- Many small improvements in the usage of jqGrid. For example including of
grid.locale-en.jsis now optional. Creating empty
<div id="pager"></div>is optional. One can use
truevalue. In the case jqGrid generate itself the
<div>with unique id. One can create jqGrid with small number of options. Default values for many option will be set dynamically based on the options specified during creating. We tried still to hold maximal compatibility with the previous versions of jqGrid.
- The options of many internal methods of jqGrid used by editing and searching can now be specified as jqGrid options. So one have one place where one can specify an editing option like
keys: trueoption of inline editing and the option will be used in any kind of using of corresponding methods (
inlineNavor direct call of
addRow). See here for more details.
- new callbacks and jQuery events are supported now. See here for more details.
- CSS of jqGrid is changed to be easy to combine with
bootstrap.cssand other. The only known compatibility problem and the workaround is described here.
Some other important changes:
- custom filtering/searching operations
- improvement of
colModeldefined as function
- The usage of
jsonmapwith local data
saveLocallycallback which can be defined in
colModelto simplify editing of local data. The callbacks together with
jsonmapallows to implement custom binding of
colModelto local data from
dataoption of jqGrid.