Welcome to poudriere!
poudriere is a tool primarily designed to test package production on FreeBSD. However, most people will find it useful to bulk build ports for FreeBSD.
Its goals are to use modern facilities present in FreeBSD (such as ZFS, jails), to be easy to use and to depend only on base.
Where is the documentation?
The canonical documentation is located at:
A copy of this documentation could be found in the doc directory.
You can also open the poudriere's manpage, located in the 8th section.
IRC: #poudriere on freenode Mailing list: freebsd-pkg@FreeBSD.org
Getting started with poudriere
- Install it by typing "./configure", "make" and "make install" at the top-level directory
- Copy /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf.sample to /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf
- Edit it to suit your needs
- man poudriere, search for EXAMPLES, read the wiki https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki
- Follow "bulk build of binary packages" steps
- Enjoy your new fresh binary packages!