IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the master branch of freenas, which is used only for the creation and testing of 9.10-Nightlies builds. If you are building or developing for:
- FreeNAS 10 / 9.10: https://github.com/freenas/freenas-build
- Prior Releases: Use the 9.3-STABLE branch (and old build system)
To build the system (experts only):
Your build environment must be FreeBSD 10.
an amd64 capable processor. 8GB of memory, or an equal/greater amount of swap space, is also required
You will need the following ports/packages when compiling anything FreeNAS-related:
- py27-sphinxcontrib-httpdomain-1.2.1 (and all the dependencies that these ports/pkgs install, of course)
Building the System Quickstart Flow:
- Checking out the code from git:
% cd /path/to/your-build-filesystem % git clone https://github.com/freenas/freenas-build % cd freenas-build
- Build it
% make checkout PROFILE=freenas9 % make release PROFILE=freenas9
- Update the source tree, to pull in new source code changes
% make update PROFILE=freenas9
This will also fetch TrueOS and ports for the build from github.
The End Result:
If your build completes successfully, you'll have 64 bit release products in the release_stage directory. You will also have a tarball in your build directory containing the entire release for easy transport.