- Launch during combat and attack on subsequent rounds
- Ignore shields when attacking
- Cannot attack planets and are not attacked by planets
- Destroyed by any attack by other fighters or ships
- Flak weapon shoots multiple times per round and can destroy fighters, but does minimal damage to ships
- Empires may propose and agree to an alliance with each other
- Allied empires connect their supply networks through each others' supply connections
- Allied empires resupply ships within each others' supplied systems
- Allied empires share visibility information
Fractional Production Progress
- Production item progress is now stored as a fraction of completion, rather than amount of PP accumulated.
- Changes in the production cost now can't instantly complete something that has had its production cost reduced.
- When the max AI aggression is set to Beginner Mode, the human player gets bonuses to ship shields, planet troop garrisons, and resource output.
Many new pedia articles, categorization, and improved search
Production items on the queue may be paused and resumed
Ancient Guardians may appear as a defensive ground force on planets with specials, instead of Sentries that attack any ship in the system
View full changelog here.