recap is an opinionated set of capistrano deployment recipes, designed to use git's strengths to deploy applications and websites in a fast and simple manner.
Recap's core features are:
- Release versions are managed with git. There's no need for
currentfolders, and no symlinking.
- Intelligently decides whether tasks need to execute. e.g. The
bundle:installtask will only run if a
Gemfile.lockexists, and if it has changed since the last deployment.
- A dedicated user account and group owns all an application's associated files and processes.
- Deployments are run using personal logins. The right to deploy is granted by adding a user to the application group.
- Environment variables are used for application specific configuration. These can easily be read and set using the
- Out of the box support for