- High resolution rendering for alpha-numeric displays (#152)
- Remodel configuration.
.inifiles can now be used for console config, allowing to keep one central configuration.
- The project is now automatically built on each commit. You can get the latest builds here.
- We now have an installer which is somewhat intelligent and finds all the right install locations (we will still provide a ZIP file for more advanced users)
- Browser stream enhancements (thanks @vbousquet!)
- Use default position for unknown game names (thanks @djrobx!)
- Virtual DMD can now save position to
.iniby right-clicking on it.
- New hardware: Added support for Pixelcade displays.
- Experimental support for client/server network streaming (details).
- Updated coloring support for LCM, RSM and RMM (thanks @djrobx!)
- PinDMD3: Add support for colored 4-bit frames (needs firmware upgrade)
- Grip on virtual DMD is now always hidden and only shows when hovering over the display.
- Hardware displays are now disabled per default.
- Fixed Pinball Arcade grabber
- Fixed grabber for Pinball FX3's Williams games (thanks NoEx!)
- Fixed color parsing for TPA's Stern games
- Fixed issue with
- Fixed issue with sound (#124)
- Fixed issued with alphanumeric ROMs (#149)
- Fixed 2-bit rendering for PinDMD2 (#148)
- Fixed USB problem (#169, thanks @mjrgh!)
- Tweaks for Pinball FX grabber (thanks @Jseph!)
- Many stability fixes
- PIN2DMD users should now get faster load times for colored games with many palettes (#132)
- Memory grabbers now don't need to be run in admin mode anymore (thanks @mjrgh)
- Update Pinball FX3 memory grabber to work with latest release (thanks NoEx)
- Refactor memory grabbers to use a common base (thanks @mjrgh)
- Fix crash when colorization is on but no game is set (#125)
- Some crash fixes when using with PinballY (thanks @mjrgh)
Developers, please update Visual Studio 2017 since there were a few compiler issues fixed that break older versions.
- New Pinball FX3 grabber - reads DMD from memory, much faster and more stable (thanks NoEx!)
- Timing improvements when reading colored animations (thanks @djrobx)
- Properly upscale 128x16 games when using VNI (thanks @djrobx)
- Location of
dmddevice.inican now be set via environment variable
- Print warning when
- Don't crash when PinUP enabled but no DLL found
- Don't crash when outputting to video file with weird resolution
- Don't crash when serial port disconnects
- Must execute
dmdextas Administrator for Pinball FX3 in order to gain access to FX3's memory. You can fall back to the previous grabber by using the
- Added VNI coloring support with help from @luck01 and @djrobx (#102)
- Added coloring support for other resolutions (192x64)
- Added support for XDMD and thus UltraDMD
- Added support for TPA's cabinet build
- PinUP support is now built-in. However note that you'll still need
dmddevicePUP.dllinstalled. Also, the syntax changed, instead of
-o PINUP, use the new
- Be sure to display the DMD on top of DirectB2S (#72)
- Don't mistakenly use PinDMD2 when there isn't on.
- Fixed some bugs in the PIN2DMD driver (thanks @lucky01)
- Due to the new animations, we log (a lot) more, which impacts performance. In order to keep dmdext smooth, change the log level to
Info. If you haven't touched your log config before, just copy the new
DmdDevice.log.configover the old one. Otherwise, changeto
<logger name="*" minlevel="Trace" writeTo="file" />
<logger name="*" minlevel="Info" writeTo="file" />
- If you were previously using PinUP, settings have changed. It doesn't use the file output parameter anymore, but has its own setting.
- If you're using PinUP in VPM with
[video] ; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file enabled = true ; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used. path = PINUP
[video] ; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file enabled = false ; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used. path = [pinup] enabled = true
- For other games like Pinball FX3, change the command line parameter from:
- If you have
LibDmd.dllin your VPM path, remove it.
- If you're using PinUP in VPM with
- Use VPM positioning settings per default when available (#38)
- Dot size of virtual DMD is now larger per default (#59)
playcommand now supports animated GIFs
--idle-play, useful for TPA (#36)
- Added support for Pinball FX3 (#69)
Lots of stuff changed in this release. The whole render graph implementation was basically rewritten, it's now intelligent and finds the most efficient way of sending data from the source to the destinations.
- VPM frames can be flipped
- VPM settings can now be customized per game
- Added more options to screen grabber
- Added streaming to local browser
- Added streaming to VPDB test page
- Virtual DMD now resizes when source resolution changes.
- Colored frames are now sent as subframes instead of RGB24 which improves performance drastically for PIN2DMD and PinDMD3.
- Lots of changes and updates of Lucky1's coloring features.
--render-asparameter, since this is now done automatically.
- Semantic of vertical and horizontal flip is now inversed. Before it referred to the axis, now it refers to how the image is flipped. Vertical means up/down, horizontal left/right.