Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Memoscope is a tool to dump a .Net process' memory into a file: all data and threads state are saved.
It's very useful to :
- debug crashed process: out of memory, dead lock, infinite loop or fatal exception
- find memory leaks
It can read it and analyze it to find information about:
- data: display any instance content, query all instances of a type and save data in csv file
- threads: state, exception, stack trace and content, deadlocks
- memory: segments, regions, clr roots, loaded modules
It can analyze :
- references "patterns"
- root path
Source Code: clone the repository from GitHub and run the solution with Visual Studio 2015 (with .Net 4.6) The solution uses Nugget so don't forget to restore packages before the first build.
Binaries: get a build from AppVeyor:
Do what you want with this software and source code.
The only important thing to know is that I can't be responsible for anything that could happen with it. If your life partner leaves you, your computer explodes, your car is smashed by a meteor or even if Asmodeus appears in your room etc : it can't be my fault
I will be very happy if you create an issue in this repository with a screenshot of MemoScope.Net running on your desktop.
- Lee Culver for his ClrMd library, without it, MemoScope.Net would not exist.
- FatCow for their free icons
- Phillip Piper for ObjectListView. With it, it's so easy to display tables and trees.
- DockPanelSuite contributors for their docking library
- Rupert Avery for C# Expression Evaluator
- Jeff Cyr for ClrMd.Extensions, even if I don't use it, I learnt a lot reading the source code (and I copy/pasted the ClrObject class !)
- Jacob Slusser for its ScintillaNet component
- Alois Kraus for his article about delegate internals
- NLog contributors
- ScreenToGif: all screenshots and captures in the wiki were made with it.