A CMS Portfolio/blog CMS
Rebuilding my personal website, which is mostly vanilla PHP, and documenting the process!
Now featuring a landing page inspired by 8-bit games, hand-built in React! This landing page allows the blog posts that you choose to "feature", and displays them with a picture and a synopsis with the icon that represents the category of the post!
First and foremost: security. Hash DB passwords, parameterize queries (I made a DB backup before putting this on github)
- flesh out CMS with options to
- clean up filestructure
CRUD for CMS categories
- Figure out how to handle deleting for categories. Don't want to orphan posts in DB. Should I just innactivate them, or delete entirely from DB? Are they visible from the admin panel at all?
- Add "Featured Content" DB table that references post IDs and has fields for "technology stats"... which might be it's own reference table, color... and... you can add a short description of the project.
Add some cool stuff with REACT
- Selenium testing with python
- spider link hrefs on home page
- add unique links to array.
- visit links.
- add only add new links to array if on page from $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].
- output originating page URI, href, and return of bad links.
- Add decent content!
- Modularizing all static content to confic file (Site name and social media links/icons)