This project is subjected to serious HOMEBREWING and still in INFANCY. So any experimental change can be made without any notice.
TachyOS is the RTOS based on microkernel architecture which includes only minimal components like thread / synchronization, memory management, inter-thread communication while supporting execution context / address space isolation(protection) and extensible modular interface. Name of this project comes from the hypothetical particle called 'tachyon' [t챈ki.�뭤], whose speed increases as its energy decreases theoretically, is thought to be the ideal of the real time application which runs in very constrained environment.
- Build modular architecture which supports both static linked(kernel mode) and dynamic-linked module(user mode).
- Provides dynamic loading and dependency management of an application through network.
- Provides secure runtime environment and fault isolation for user application using memory protection facility which is generally available in low-cost hardware.
- provide runtime scalablility with various dynamic modules. (Not Supported Yet)
- Provides application loading and debugging over the network. (Not Supported Yet)
- Provides autonomous dependency (dynamic module) management over the network. (Not Supported Yet)
- Support multi-threading
- The number of threads is limited only by available memory
- Context-switch overhead is less than 5us in ARM CM4 (STM)
- Preemptive scheduler with 6 execution priorities
- Various lightweight synchronization
- Monitor (mutex / condition variable)
- Event (blocking pub / sub)
- Various Inter-thread communication
- Message Queue
- Mail Queue
- HAL (as static module) [UART / I2C / SPI / TIMER / RTC / GPIO]
- STM32F40x (ARM Cortex-M4)
- STM32F41x (ARM Cortex-M4)
- STM32F20x (ARM Cortex-M3)
project is developed with eclipse IDE with ARM Cross compile tool (toolchain and plugin)
- arm gcc cross compiler
link : [GCC ARM Embedded in Launchpad] (https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded)
$> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-gcc-arm-embedded/ppa
$> sudo apt-get update
$> sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-embedded
- python2.7 & pip for configuration utility (jconfigpy)
$> sudo apt-get install python-dev python-pip
gnu arm eclipse plug-in (optional)
link : [GNU ARM Eclipse Plug-ins ] (http://gnuarmeclipse.livius.net/blog/)
For Windows user, MinGW or Cygwin should be installed (might be included in GCC ARM toolchain installation)
Build in Ubuntu
1. get source code from repository $> git clone https://github.com/fritzprix/TachyOS.git $> cd TachyOS 2. initiate project configuration and make your own configuration $> make config or you can use predefined configuration $> make config ARCH=ARM DEFCONF=stm32f4_def.conf 3. build project $> make all 4. (Optional) if you want reconfigure project $> make config_clean ... and go to 2
- Add SDIO HAL Implementation (~Apr.2016)
- Add virtual file system (~May.2016)