This repository is NOT a fork of the iD Editor.
This IS a set of patchs to change controversial decision made in the original iD Editor settings or source code.
Please contribute here only small changes not accepted in the original version after exchanges with original iD mainteners an OSM community.
Report any bug, idea or pull request to the original version.
This repository follow the 2.x branch of iD.
This patched version is deployed at http://id.openstreetmap.fr/
Watch the video from our talk at State of the Map US 2019 to learn more about the current status of iD and our goals for v3.
- It's intentionally simple. It lets you do the most basic tasks while not breaking other people's data.
- It supports all popular modern desktop browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Edge, and IE11.
- iD is not yet designed for mobile browsers, but this is something we hope to add!
- Data is rendered with d3.js.
- Read the project Code of Conduct and remember to be nice to one another.
- Read up on Contributing and the code style of iD.
- See open issues in the issue tracker if you're looking for something to do.
- Test a prerelease version of iD:
Come on in, the water's lovely. More help? Ping
- OpenStreetMap US Slack
- OpenStreetMap IRC
- Node.js version 8 or newer
gitfor your platform
- Note for Windows users:
Add these lines to avoid checking in files with CRLF newlines
[core] autocrlf = input
- Note for Windows users:
Note: Windows users should run these steps in a shell started with "Run as administrator". This is only necessary the first time so that the build process can create symbolic links.
To run the current development version of iD on your own computer:
Cloning the repository
The repository is reasonably large, and it's unlikely that you need the full history (~200 MB). If you are happy to wait for it all to download, run:
git clone https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD.git
To clone only the most recent version, instead use a 'shallow clone':
git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD.git
If you want to add in the full history later on, perhaps to run
git blame or
git log, run
git fetch --depth=1000000
cdinto the newly cloned project folder
npm run all
http://localhost:8080/in a web browser
For guidance on building a packaged version, running tests, and contributing to development, see CONTRIBUTING.md.
iD also bundles portions of the following open source software.
- D3.js (BSD-3-Clause)
- editor-layer-index (CC-BY-SA 3.0)
- Font Awesome (CC-BY 4.0)
- Maki (CC0 1.0)
- Mapillary JS (MIT)
- name-suggestion-index (BSD-3-Clause)
- osm-community-index (ISC)
Initial development of iD was made possible by a grant of the Knight Foundation.