This is a sample worker that uses CarrierWave, RMagick, and ImageMagick to perform image manipulation using the SimpleWorker service.
1. Edit carrierwave.yml and fill in your SimpleWorker and AWS information.
- Make sure the bucket exists.
- You can find your SimpleWorker project_id and token by logging into SimpleWorker.com and creating a new project.
- The "Get Started" page will have your project_id and token.
2. Run "ruby carrierwave_worker_init.rb"
- This will upload our sample image to S3 so that our sample worker will have an image to work with
- It will then create a simple html page with a link to the uploaded image in S3.
3. Run "ruby carrierwave_worker_runner.rb".
This is the exciting part! Simply executing the runner will:
- Take the code in carrierwave_worker.rb, upload it to our servers and queue it in our system.
You can then immediately view the job running in your jobs tab at SimpleWorker.com.
This particular sample should only take a few seconds to finish and then you can refresh the HTML page created in step 2 viewing the image that was modified in your worker.