QDK Installation Instructions
Browse to Reference
- Browse https://www.microsoft.com/quantum, navigate to "Get Started", and click on the "Learn More" button
- Click on the "Download for MacOS and Linux" button. You will land on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/quantum/quantum-installconfig. Keep this tab open for the rest of the tutorial
Open a terminal window
- Open a Terminal window from
- Install Visual Studio Code for the mac from https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/setup/mac;
- Copy the downloaded app into
- Open VS Code and pin it to tray
- In VS Code,
Command-Shift-P/"shell"/"Shell Command: Install 'code' command in PATH'"
code ~and Visual Studio Code will come up. Shut down Visual Studio Code.
.NET Core SDK
- Install Microsoft .NET Core SDK from https://www.microsoft.com/net/learn/get-started/macos
dotnetand ensure it fails
- Install Microsoft Quantum Development Kit for Visual Studio Code from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=quantum.quantum-devkit-vscode
dotnet new -i "Microsoft.Quantum.ProjectTemplates::0.2-*"and ensure that Q# appears in the list of installed templates. Ignore warnings but ensure that one version of the templates was actually installed.
Brew and Git
- Install homebrew if you haven't already from
brew install git
git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/Quantum.git
code .and this should bring up Visual Studio Code with access to the files
cd Samples/Teleportation. Other samples are present for your future reference
dotnet runand you should get the Teleportation sample running