Céu-SDL supports the development of SDL applications in the programming language Céu:
- Source Code: https://github.com/fsantanna/ceu-sdl/
- Documentation: http://fsantanna.github.io/ceu-sdl/
- Chat: https://gitter.im/fsantanna/ceu
SDL is a cross-platform software development library designed to provide a hardware abstraction layer to computer multimedia hardware components.
Céu is a reactive language that aims to offer a higher-level and safer alternative to C:
Céu-SDL empowers the development of SDL applications with the following extensions:
- Awaiting events in direct/sequential style.
- Parallel lines of execution with
- safe abortion;
- deterministic behavior (in contrast with threads).
- Asynchronous loops for heavy computations.
- Seamless integration with standard SDL (e.g.,
$ sudo apt-get install libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev libsdl2-net-dev libsdl2-gfx-dev
(Assuming a Linux/Ubuntu machine.)
$ git clone https://github.com/fsantanna/ceu-sdl $ cd ceu-sdl/
Compile and Run
Makefile to point to your
ceu directory and then run
$ gedit Makefile $ make
If necessary, configure the variables in the
The default example moves a rectangle on screen.
To compile and run another application, run
make and set
$ make CEU_SRC=<path-to-ceu-application>
samples/ directory contains a number of examples.
To run all examples one after another, run
$ make samples