This project can be used to scaffold a prototypical .NET solution including file system layout and tooling. This includes a build process that:
- updates all AssemblyInfo files
- compiles the application and runs all test projects
- generates API docs based on XML document tags
- generates documentation based on Markdown files
- generates NuGet packages
- and allows a simple one step release process.
In order to start the scaffolding process run
> build.cmd // on windows $ ./build.sh // on unix
Read the Getting started tutorial to learn more.
Tips for migrating existing project to Scaffold format
* clone ProjectScaffold to new folder * run the initializing build * delete .git folder * copy intitialized scaffold files and folders to original project folder * git add / commit project -m"first pass migrating to scaffold format" (otherwise git may be confused by next mv) * git mv necessary project file folders into src folder * git commit, and any following cleanup
Be sure to do only
git mv file renames in a single commit. If you try to commit anything else git will treat the renames as file delete / file add and you will loose history on those files.
ProjectScaffold requires a local git installation. You can download git from Git Downloads.
The default maintainer account for projects under "fsprojects" is @fsprojectsgit - F# Community Project Incubation Space (repo management)