Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- [New] Starting with version 2.0.0, binjr is built to run on Java 11 and beyond, and use the new standalone distribution of OpenJFX (https://openjfx.io/)
The platform specific packages above contain all required dependencies, including the Java runtime; simply download the one for your OS, unpack it and run "binjr" to start.
- [New] It is now possible to link the time line of two or more independent worksheets (i.e. change the time range on one worksheet also affect all linked worksheets).
- [New] It is now possible to copy/paste a time range from one worksheet to another.
- [New] Removed the modal dialog shown when adding a new worksheet; instead new worksheet are set to editable mode upon creation.
- [Fixed] Clicking the "OK" button on new source dialog has no effect when the source adapter is loaded from a faulty plugin.
- [New] Greatly enhanced time range selection on worksheets.
- [New] Changes to source navigation panel's interface to make it clearer.
- [New] When a source connection is closed, all associated series on worksheets are now removed.
- [New] Many minor tweaks and fixes to UI themes.
- [Fixed] Trailing slash in urls prevent connection to JRDS and other http sources.
- [Fixed] An NPE could occur when closing a source with no worksheet.
- [Fixed] Resources from a DataAdapter are not disposed when a source tab is closed.
- [Fixed] Console output window doesn't always acknowledge appearance changes.
- [New] Report the use of an unsupported version of Java
- [Fixed] Detection of missing JavaFX is broken
- [Fixed] Spurious warning messages because of unset variables.
- [New] User can invoke a console that display log output an d change logging verbosity at runtime.
- [Fixed] File picker dialog box doesn't show if last saved folder is invalid.
- [New] Added a "Dark" UI theme. "Modern" UI theme has been renamed "Light", while "Classic" is unchanged.
- [New] Added the possibility to display debug menu and increase log verbosity at runtime.
- [Fixed] JRDS adapter fails to connect to source if a url contains a trailing slash.
- [Fixed] NPE when initiating a drag & drop motion on an empty tab pane.
- [Fixed] Application cannot start if the UI theme name stored in user preference is not valid.
- [Fixed] The labesl on command bar items sometimes remains visible when the command bar is reduced.
- [Fixed] Built-in DataAdapter are not loaded if an error occurs while scanning the plugin location at startup.
- [Fixed] binjr takes a long time to start because scanning for DataAdapter at visits all sub-folders with maximum depth in plugin location.
- [Fixed] DirectoryChooser dialog doesn't show up if current plugin location if invalid/not a folder
- [New] The duration after which popups automatically fade away can now be configured.
- [New] Relaxed the parsing of URLs when adding a new source (infers a default protocol and port if omitted)
- [Fixed] Failing when a malformed URL is entered for a new JRDS source does not offer a useful error notification.
- [Fixed] Chart background is gray when multiple chart are displayed in stacked view mode but white when overlaid.
- [New] binjr's functionalities can now be extended through the use of plugins.
For the time being, plugins can be used to implement new data source adapters, in order to make binjr capable to communicate with other source systems without the need to change anything to the core module itself.
- [New] The artifact for the core binjr module, which is the sole dependency for building external plugins, is now available via Maven Central
- [New] Performs a sanity check when loading workspaces from files to verify format version number and alert user with a clear error message if it is incompatible.
- [New] Added the option to choose the layout of multiple charts on a single worksheet, either stacked on top of each other, or as an overlay, sharing the same X axis.
- [Fixed] Charts rendering performances greatly improved when visualizing many charts on a single worksheet.
- [Fixed] Deselecting all time series in the main chart in an overlay view would make times series in other chart disappear.