jQuery Unscroll Timeline
Contact: Paul Ford email@example.com
Create a general, accessible embeddable timeline for the web using jQuery. Goes vertical as well as horizontal.
- Basic features [proposed]
- Lays out arbitrary HTML5 objects, including embeds, on a large grid without overlap
- Consumes live JSON or accessible HTML from multiple sources
- Scrolls vertically/horizontally
- Objects on screen are POHTML, remaining in jQuery ecosystem
- Parallax overview
This code is barely started pre-alpha and shouldn't be used for anything ever.
- timeline/ - actual timeline
- submodules/ - submodule code
Prior Art and Features
- Old reliable: Old, reliable
- Spans/durations (perhaps as bg extenders -- see http://www.stripegenerator.com/
- Parallax-scrolling mini-timeline
- Not jQuery
- New, pre-alpha
- Nice scrolling with cursor keys
- Clean,n o pictures
- No auto-arranger or filler
- Reliant on Canvas--less, hacky but means less ability to play with HTML/DOM-driven jQuery plugins.