Fontello - icon font scissors
This tool lets you combine icon webfonts for your own project. With fontello you can:
- shrink glyph collections, minimizing font size
- merge symbols from several fonts into a single file
- access large sets of professional-grade open source icons
Now it's trivial to make a custom icon webfont, exactly for your needs. First, select the icons you like. Then update glyph codes (optional), and download your webfont bundle. We generate everything you need, ready for publishing on your website!
Don't forget about donations :)
- Desktop is fully supported. IE6-7 requires alternate CSS.
- Mobiles - all modern systems work without problems. There are limits on very old androids and rare browsers. Also, Windows Mobile IE9 sucks, as IE usually does :) . See details.
Fontello comes with the following embedded set of icon fonts:
- Entypo by Daniel Bruce (CC BY-SA license)
- Font Awesome by Dave Gandy (CC BY-SA license)
- Iconic by P.J. Onori (SIL OFL)
- Typicons by Stephen Hutchings (CC BY-SA 3.0 license)
- Modern Pictograms by John Caserta (SIL OFL)
- Meteocons by Alessio Atzeni (SIL OFL)
- Fontelico by... all :) (SIL OFL)
- Web Symbols by Just Be Nice studio (SIL OFL)
- Brandico by... all :) (SIL OFL)
Please, note that these embedded fonts differ from the original files. We did some modifications to unify characteristics such as scale, ascent/descent and alignment.
- Questions: Google group
- Bug reports: Issue tracker
- Suggestion for adding your OFL fonts or other collaborations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roman Shmelev (shmelev)
- Vitaly Puzrin (puzrin). Follow on twitter.
- Aleksey Zapparov (ixti). Follow on twitter.
- Evgeny Shkuropat (shkuropat).
Fontello's code (all files, except fonts) is distributed under MIT license. See LICENSE file for details.
Embedded fonts are distributed under their primary licenses (SIL OFL / CC BY / CC BY-SA). See section Embedded Fonts above for credits & links to font homepages.
Generated fonts are intended for web usage, and should not be considered/distributed as independent artwork. Consider fontello a font archiver and credit original font creators according to their respective license.
Crediting fontello is not required :)