- Deprication of
Request::show_404(), replaced with
throw new HttpNotFoundExceptionthat has a handle method to show the 404
- Support for
handle()method that is run when an exception isn't caught before
- Support for special
_404_route now in
public/index.phpthus no longer part of the core but still supported as a 'official default'
- Closures are now also supported in routes, thus routing to a Closure instead of a controler/method uri. Also added support for any type of callable in Route extensions you write yourself.
- Closure support in all getters & setters: if you get a value and also input a default the default can also be a Closure and you'll get the result of that. For setters the input can also be a closure and the result of the Closure will be set. (except for
View::set()as one might want to pass a closure to the View)
- Moved the Environment setting from the
app/config/config.phpfile to the
factory()methods have been renamed to
forge(). This name better states the method's function. The
factory()methods are still there for backwards compatibility, but are deprecated and will log warning messages when used.
$this->responseResponse object is now deprecated. Your action methods should return either a string, View object, ViewModel object or a Response object.
- Added the
fuel/app/vendordirectory to the default install.
- You can now have an unlimited number of sub-directories for your controllers. (e.g.
classes/controller/admin/users/groups.phpwith a class name of
Controller_Admin_Users_Groupswould be at
- There is no longer a default controller for directories. It used to be that going to something like
site.com/adminwould bring up
classes/controller/admin/admin.php. Now you must place that controller at it's expected location
classes/controller/admin.phpwith a name of
Controller::after()method now gets passed the response of the controller, it must return that response (or modified) as well.
- Added new function
get_real_class()to which you can pass a classname and it will return the actual class, to be used on classes of which you're not sure whether it is an alias or not.
- Module routes are prepended to the routes array when Fuel detects the fist URI segment as a module, therefor parsing them before an
(:any)route in the app config.
- Config is now environment aware and allows partial/full overwriting of the base config from subdirectories in the config dir named after the environment.
- Added a new
Themeclass. It allows you to easily add Theme support to your applications.
Fuel_Exceptionhas been renamed to
Fuel::find_file()and related methods are now deprecated. Use the
Finderclass instead (e.g.
- Migrations are now supported in Modules and Packages
- Routing has 3 new shortcuts:
:almunmatches all utf-8 alphabetical and numeric characters
:nummatches all numeric characters.
:alphamatches all utf-8 alphabetical characters
- Put the
Fuel\Coreto allow extending it, it must now be required in the app bootstrap file which is also the location where you must require your own extension.
- Added Fuel's own response object class
Fuel\Core\Responseto default whitelist in
app/config/config.phpof objects that aren't encoded on output by the View when passed.
security.auto_encode_view_dataconfig option in
app/config/config.phphas been renamed to
stdClasswas part of the default whitelisted classes from output encoding, this was a bug and it has been removed.
- Arr: Added methods
Arr::elements()have been deprecated. Use the new
- Database: Using transactions will no longer prevent exceptions, exceptions are thrown and should be handled by the dev. The
Database_Transactionclass has been deprecated as it has little use because of this change.
File::read_dir()(and related methods on Area and Directory handler) now return dirnames with directory separator suffix
- Fieldset_Field: Parsing of validation rules has been moved from
Validaton::_find_fule(), from the outside the method still works the same but notices for inactive rules are now only shown when running the validation.
- Form: Added inline error reporting, which must first be switched on in config and will replace an
- Form: New default form template which puts it inside a table.
- Fuel: Added
Fuel::value()which checks if the given value is a Closure, and returns the result of the Closure if it is, otherwise, simply the value.
- Image: No longer throws
Fuel_Exceptionfor any type of exception but instead
Input::post(null)doesn't work to get full post array anymore, just
Input::post()without params - same for all other Input methods
Input::get_post()has been deprecated and replaced by
Input::param(). It now also includes PUT and DELETE variables.
- Input / Uri:
Input::uri()as it is part of the input and thus should be part of the input class
- Request: You can now also do external requests through the Request class, for now only a curl driver:
Request::forge('http//url', array('driver' => 'curl', 'method' => 'post', 'params' => array()).
Validation::errors()is depricated and replaced by singular form
Validation::error()to be more in line with other class methods
- Validation: New 3rd parameter added to
Validation::run()that allows adding callables for the duration of the run.
- View: The view class has been refactored and works much better now. Output filtering is vastly improved.
View::capture()has been split into two protected instance methods:
get_data(). You will need to update your View class extensions.
View::$auto_encodehas been removed. It has been replaced but auto_filter, which is per-view instance.
- ViewModel: Refactored the class internals to work more transparently with the
- ViewModel: Deprecated
$this->_templateand renamed it to
- ViewModel: Updated to work with the refactored
- ViewModel: Deprecated
$this->set_template()and renamed it to
- Html: Removed (not deprecated) the following methods:
Html::header(). You should simply write the HTML yourself.
- Config: Added Config file drivers for PHP, INI, JSON and Yaml. They are detected by file extension (e.g.
Config::load('foo.yml')will load and parse the Yaml).
- Auth: Renamed default table name from
- Auth: Added config options for DB connection and table columns used for fetching the user.
- Auth: Removed default config for groups & roles in
simpleauth.phpconfig file, only commented out examples left.
- Orm: Lots of tweaks to
Observer_Validationrelated to changes to
Fieldset_Fieldclasses. Also changed it to only save properties that are actually changed.
- Orm: The
ValidationFailedthrown when the
Observer_Validationfails now includes a reference to the Fieldset instance that failed:
- Orm: Added support for changing the type of join used when fetching relations, example:
Model_Example::query()->related('something', array('join_type' => 'inner'))->get();
- Orm: Observers are no longer singleton but one instance per model with per model settings, check docs for more info.
- Parser: Added Parser package to the default install.
- Parser: Mustache is now part of the Parser package by default. Version 0.7.1.
- Email: The Email package is added.
- Fixed a security issue where the URI was not being properly sanitized.
- oil refine install now makes the config directory writable. (Dan Horrigan)
- Added auto-id to select fields (Kelly Banman)
- Fixed typo in ::analyze_table (Frank de Jonge)
- replaced the regex that processes :segment in the Route class. closes #33. (Harro Verton)
- Closes #31: logic error caused the Crypt class to update the config when nothing is changed. (Harro Verton)
- Fixed up XML output so that singular versions of basenode names are used when a numeric value is provided as a key.XML doesn't like numeric keys and item, item, item is boring. Also moved formatting logic out of the REST library. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Added Format::to_php(). (Phil Sturgeon)
- Updated Form config file to work with the Form class we've had for the past 3 months (oops). Fixes #93 (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Fixes #115: Form::button() now produces a <button> tag instead of <input> (Harro Verton)
- Fixed #116: Throw an error if File::update can't open the file for write (Harro Verton)
- Added a check to File::open_file() to make sure $resource is a valid resource before we attempt to flock() (Harro Verton)
- Fixed badly named variable in profiler. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Show full file paths in the Install task. No security concern if you're already in the terminal. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Fixed bug in \Date::create_from_string() where the date produced would always be exactly one month behind the actual date. (Ben Corlett)
- updated the Crypt class to make the generation of the random keys more secure (Harro Verton)
- fixed error in Fuel::find_file(), causing a PHP notice on repeated finds (Harro Verton)
- The DBUtil class now respects the table prefix if set (Fixes #103). (Dan Horrigan)
- If an empty string is passed to Format::factory('', 'xml') it will no longer error, just return an empty array. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Added PHPSecLib to vendor to provide encryption features if no crypto is available in PHP. (Harro Verton)
- Rewritten the crypto class to use AES256 encryption, and a HMAC-SHA256 tamper validation hash. (Harro Verton)
- Added Redis to the bootstrap. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Made Inflector::camelize() return camelcased result again but the Inflector::classify() won't use it anymore and still respect underscores. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Allow setting labels as array including attributes instead of just tring in form->add (Jeffery Utter)
- Fix Date class. strptime returns years since 1900 not 1901. Dates were a year in the future. (Jeffery Utter)
- Options wasn't being passed when adding a radio.. thus it wasn't making all the separate fields. (Jeffery Utter)
- fixes bug #96: advanced regex must use non greedy match to properly match segments (Harro Verton)
- fixes bug #99: PHP notice due to not-initialized property (Harro Verton)
- Using memory_get_peak_usage() instead of memory_get_usage() for more reliable memory reporting. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Form generation: Fixed issue with "type" attribute set for textareas and selects. Also prevented empty for="" attributes by ignoring null values. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Moved page link creation into separate method for more flexibility (Kelly Banman)
- fixed broken database profiling (Harro Verton)
- Input::real_ip() now returns "0.0.0.0" if IP detection fails (Harro Verton)
- Bugfix: hidden inputs created with the Fieldset class caused unending loops. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Fixed a bug that caused the image library to refuse all image types. (Alexander Hill)
- Corrected typos in the image class. (Alexander Hill)
- Fuel::find_file() now caches files found per request URI, instead of a global cache. (Harro Verton)
- Fixed a bug in the response constructor. Response body was not setting. (Dan Horrigan)
- Bugfix: Fieldset::build() didn't match Form::build() for which it should be an alias. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Changed Controller_Rest formatting methods from private to protected so they can be extended (Tom Arnfeld)
- Improved the Fieldset::repopulate() method to also take a Model or array instead of using the POST values. Will accept any array, ArrayAccess instance, Orm\Model or object with public properties. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Fixed an issue with the casing of the Simple-driver classnames. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Fixed small bug in Auth check method. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Bugfix: ACL rights merging went wrong because the base was a string instead of an array. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Updated scaffolding to work better with the new ORM package. Fix #81.
- Suppress the error message for PHPUnit in oil, if it can't load the file from include it should just error as usual. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Fixed PHPUnit, said it wasn't installed when it was. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Fix #85: Scaffolding still referred to ActiveRecord instead of Orm. (Phil Sturgeon)
- Added to_array() method to export current object as an array. Improved ArrayAccess and Iterable implementation to work with relations. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Finished the unfinished __clone() method. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Fixes #84 - now an exception is thrown when an invalid Model classname is given to a relation. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Implemented __isset() and __unset() magic methods for Orm\Model (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Moved Query object creation into its own method to allow the more accurate Model_Example::query()->where()->get(). (Jelmer Schreuder)
- order_by() didn't return $this with array input. (Jelmer Schreuder)
- Fixed issue with constructing new models without adding properties. (Jelmer Schreuder)