The stop jamb is the panel that holds stop knobs.
Hooking up MIDI keyboards to Aeolus is straightforward: connect them to your PC over a joystick port or with a USB MIDI adapter. But changing stops at the organ console is a more difficult proposition. This suite of tools will enable your Android tablet/iPad to become a stop jamb for controlling Aeolus.
- Put Aeolus.js on your webserver (or use http://hans.fugal.net/jamb/Aeolus.js)
- Start aeolus (perhaps with
-tin a screen session for a headless setup)
aeolus-osc.py(perhaps providing non-default options)
- Install Control on your tablet
- Add an Interface to Control using the Aeolus.js URL
- Set the Control OSC destination to your server running Aeolus (default port is 8080)
- Don't forget to connect your MIDI keyboard to Aeolus
- Pull stops and perform!
- Start Aeolus and get all the audio and MIDI settings just as you like them
and then press Save. Thereafter you can run aeolus headless using
-tand a screen session, and never have to quit.
- Don't forget realtime priority and memory locking capabilities.
- Control has a screen autolock off setting, but it doesn't work in Android. There are apps that will keep your display from going to sleep while certain applications are running, e.g. Screen On
- It works on a phone too in a pinch, but the labels are all screwed up because the buttons are too small for the font.
-vto see debug information.
aeolus-osc.pywill connect to the client named
aeolus, and if it loses a connection it will try again to find
aeolusfor every event. So you don't need to restart
aeolus-osc.pyif you restart Aeolus.
- Presets are stored client-side, so they do not correspond to Aeolus' presets.
- Edit your
~/.aeolusrcfile to match your preferences, but leave off
-tand give it only when you start Aeolus headless.
jamb.screenis a screen session file for starting up aeolus, connecting it to MIDI (change
connect.shas needed), and starting
screen -S aeolus -c jamb.screen
- The makefile will build the three standard Aeolus instruments. You probably
won't need to do this, just use the ones in the distrubtion, but if you want