Little script to generate static website and article part
Script runs with a single argument each times.
Archive contains multiples files :
- html_templates : contain html files which are used to build web pages
- md_files : contain markdown files which are transformed to html for publish content
- index.html : simple web page to place in root web folder
- md2html.py : script to transform markdown to html
- css : folder which contains simple css file to make simple but easy readable website.
- files : folder contains various files, top.svg by default.
Few notes :
Script contains 3 "important" variables :
buildDir : is reception folder var for html built files (ie : /var/www/articles/ )
mdDir : is markdown storage folder. Store all of your articles here. Template is available for example.
html_Dir : is template folder var for html template files (ie : ./html_templates )
Script use markdown lib. You can install them with :
pip3 install markdown
How it works ?
Just go to repo folder, write .md files in mdDir and exec script :
- Markdown files must be named with a number (increment) : 01_My_file.md, 02_Other_file.md
Script use metadata, you can replace all needed in your markdown file copied from articleTemplate.md.
Article link will be based on article name
For each script iteration (for a new article), markdown related file is processed and articles/index.html is regenerated to use latest article.
Inspired by : https://github.com/Konosprod/pySimpleMkSite