Samba-VirusFilter - On-access anti-virus filter for Samba
- Copyright (C) 2010-2016 SATOH Fumiyasu @ OSS Technology Corp., Japan
- License: GNU General Public License version 3
- Development home: https://github.com/fumiyas/samba-virusfilter
- Author's home: https://fumiyas.github.io/
Samba-VirusFilter has been merged to Samba upsteam source.
vfs_virusfilter(8) bundled in Samba 4.8.0 or later.
This is a set of various Samba VFS modules to scan and filter virus files on Samba file services with an anti-virus scanner.
This software is freely distributable under the GNU public license, a copy of which you should have received with this software (in a file called COPYING).
For installation instructions, please refer to the INSTALL file.
Supported Anti-Virus engines
- ClamAV (clamd daemon) http://www.clamav.net/
- F-Secure Anti-Virus (fsavd daemon) http://www.f-secure.com/
- Sophos Anti-Virus (savdid daemon) http://www.sophos.com/
Commercial support for Samba & Samba-VirusFilter
- Open Source Solution Technology Corp., Japan http://www.OSSTech.co.jp/
- Luke Dixon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samba 4 support
- Trever L. Adams
- Code contributions
For Samba 4 integration / inclusion:
- More enhancements, fixes and others for Samba 4.x and remove Samba 3.x support
- Use and add test suite in Samba source
- Support other anti-virus engines:
- External command
- More test cases
- Use Bats? (https://github.com/sstephenson/bats)
- clamd privileges (root or group that has rights to access Samba shares)