Connect to your ar drone 2 via WLAN, then run node.server.js open up localhost:3001 and you're ready to go.
W, A, S, D to move front, back and sideways. Use your
cursors to go up/down or turn clockwise/counter clockwise.
Some animations can be triggered with
SPACE for taking of and
esc for landing.
When you crash use
e to recover from emergency mode.
This project is heavily inspired from https://github.com/usefulthink/nodecopter-monitor . I just removed the three.js part and ported it from socket.io to faye since I like that better.
You can install/update the node dependencies via
npm install -d.
Dependencies for client code are managed via bower ( https://github.com/twitter/bower ).
You need to have
ffmpeg installed (it's used for the picture stuff)
- use getUserMedia/the webcam to control the drone (like magic xylophone...)
- add a slider to make the speed/duration of actions configurable
- toggle between takeoff/land buttons or disable takeoff button after takeoff...
- mayby change the "recover" button to send a land command first (because otherwise the drone tries to start again...)
- only show the recover button when the drone is in emergency mode
- use canvas to draw angle-stuff or rotate the picture stream accordingly
- get rid of the (sometimes) long lag of the picture stream
- makte it work without ffmpeg (skip the picture stuff then....)