A Xcode Source Editor Extension to quickly add a method implementation with comment from selected text
Xcode was lacking a way to quickly add a method. So I created it.
Installation Guide (Xcode 8 / OSX 10.11+)
- download the Quick Add app
- unzip and copy to Applications folder
- Run (right click + open)
- System Preferences ⇒ Extensions ⇒ All ⇒ QuickAddPlugin. (See image 1 below.)
- System Preferences ⇒ Keyboard ⇒ Shortcuts. Add Shortcut
Add method with comment. (See image 2 below.)
- open Xcode
- Select any Swift source file
- check if
Editor -> Quick Addis there
Select the text you want to add an method implementation of, press
⌥⌘i and presto! A full method implementation!
- Swift (for now)