Notes from May 2017
Some of the things that I have found interesting in May 2017. This page is updated throughout the month of May. See April 2017 for the previous month.
I have been working on LED Pillar project as well as cleaning up my old LED projects for maker faire.
Embedded electronics communities
- Hack A Day - Probably the best community for embedded electronics related topics.
- r/Electronics - The reddit electronics community. Mostly news and links to other articles.
- r/AskElectronics - Simlare to r/electronics/ but a community for people to ask electronics questions. What's so special about the number 4.7?
- r/esp8266 - The reddit ESP8266/ESP32 community. Tehy have both ESP32 and ESP8266 posts. How to actually run an ESP8266 for months on AA batteries
- Dangerous Prototypes forums - A great little community from dangerousprototypes that has been around forever. Based in shenzhen.
- Electronics.StackExchange - They have yet to be able to answer my questions. I don't always get the answer I want to hear but I have always gotten an answer. What makes a good RGB LED, How do I measure 10,000 A DC? - From a safe, respectful distance
- r/esp32 - The reddit ESP32 community. Lots of dedicated people doing awesome projects. ESP32 WiFi Sniffer
- CNXSoft – Embedded Systems News - A great series of Embedded articles. Devlopment Kits, How tos, news, etc...
- Element14.com/community - Lots of great posts and support from element14
- lobste/hardware - Hacker news for hardware. BUILD AN 8-BIT COMPUTER FROM SCRATCH
- Indie Hackers - Learn from profitable businesses and side projects. Discourse
- ESP32 Technical Tutorials: Integrating with Lib CURL
- Hand-Knitted Playgrounds - by Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam
- BLACK 2.0 - BLACK 2.0 - The world’s mattest, flattest, black art material.
- Science Fiction Interfaces - A series of photos from science fiction movies of the interfaces.
- Internet - The future of the strange world we live in. - I saw Nikolas Badminton @nikolasfuturist at the BIL Conference in vancouver and was impressed with his talk. He is hosting the Future camp 2017 in vancouver. Youtube videos
- Future Camp 2017 - Future Camp is an unconference that brings together the keenest minds in the Pacific Northwest to discuss and debate where the future is taking us.
- CACAO 70 - A great chocolate fondue restaurant.
- TouchWheel - Capacitive touch wheels using only 3 analog pins!
- Ask Hackaday: What about the diffusers?
- Low-cost drift buoy plies the atlantic for nearly a year, project page
- Giant Laser Cut Bulbasaur - Consisting out of ~216 laser cut plywood pieces and over 600 zip ties!
- E-paper iot door sign - Usihng a ESP8266 = 8 Planet Motorized Orrery
Information / Data
- Big Poop Data - real time data analitics about a toilet at MetaLab. Always remember, this could be your toilet.. Relevent: logs for a toilet
- SENSE ALL THE THINGS WITH A SYNTHETIC SENSOR - High speed sensor that uses mulitple sensors to attempt to guess what is going on in the world around. Amazing tech.
- Zensors - Simple machine learning of enviorments using a cell phone or web cam.
- GIERAD LAPUT - He specialize in Human-Computer Interaction. Research program explores novel sensing technologies for mobile and wearable computing, smart environments, and the Internet of Things.
Movies / Music / Meida
- Goliath TV - A disgraced lawyer, now an ambulance chaser, gets a case that could bring him redemption or at least revenge on the firm which expelled him.
- Why Amazon is eating the world - A great example of eat your own dogfood.