BLOC Electron Wallet for Desktop
BLOC Electron GUI Wallet - GUI Stands for Graphical User Interface. It makes it easy for you to use BLOC with a friendly user interface. The BLOC Electron Wallet client allow you to create your wallet, store and send your BLOC money, view your transactions and much more. BLOC Electron GUI Wallet is available for Windows, macOS and linux desktop and laptop computers.
This wallet contains the basic functions required to manage your BLOC assets:
- Wallet creation
- Create new wallet
- Import from private keys OR mnemonic seed
- Basic wallet operation
- Open an existing wallet
- Display wallet address & balance
- Display private keys/seed
- Export private keys/seed
- Transactions listing/sorting/searching
- Display transaction detail
- Export incoming, outgoing, or all transactions to csv file.
- Incoming Transaction notification
- Send BLOC to single recipient address, allow to set payment id and custom fee. Provides address lookup from addressbook.
- Perform wallet optimization by creating fusion transactions
- Provides utility to generate payment id and integrated address
- Address book
- Add/Edit/Delete address entry (label/name, address and payment id)
- Listing/sorting/searching existing entries
- Allow to store same wallet address with different payment id
- Autosave address after sending to new/unknown recipient
BLOC-electron-wallet relies on
BLOC-service to manage wallet container & rpc communication.
Release installer & packaged archives includes a ready to use
BLOC-service binary, which is unmodified copy BLOC release archive.
On first launch, BLOC-electron-wallet will try to detect location/path of bundled
BLOC-service binary, but if autodetection failed, you can manually set path to the
BLOC-service binary on the Settings screen.
If you don't trust the bundled
BLOC-service file, you can compare the checksum (sha256sum) against one from the official release, or simply download and use the binary from official BLOC release, which is available here: https://github.com/furiousteam/BLOC/releases. Then, make sure to update your
BLOC-service path setting.
Download & Run BLOC Electron Wallet
- Download the latest installer here: https://github.com/furiousteam/BLOC-electron-wallet/releases
- Run the installer (BLOC-Electron-Wallet--win-setup.exe) and follow the installation wizard.
- Run as Administrator BLOC-Electron-Wallet via start menu or desktop shortcut. (right click on the app icon and select run as Administrator)
- Download latest AppImage bundle here: https://github.com/furiousteam/BLOC-electron-wallet/releases
- Make it executable, either via GUI file manager or command line, e.g.
chmod +x BLOC-Electron-Wallet-<version>-linux.AppImage
- Run/execute the file, double click in file manager, or run via shell/command line.
- Download latest archive here: https://github.com/furiousteam/BLOC-electron-wallet/releases
- Extract downloaded zip archived into your home folder
- Open terminal and Run:
cd /Users/YOURNAME/BLOC-Electron-Wallet.app/Contents/MacOS && ./BLOC-Electron-Wallet
You need to have
npm installed, go to https://nodejs.org and find out how to get it installed on your platform.
Once you have Node+npm installed:
# first, download BLOC-service binary for each platform # from BLOC.MONEY official repo # https://github.com/furiousteam/BLOC/releases # extract the BLOC-service executable somewhere # clone the repo $ git clone https://github.com/furiousteam/BLOC-electron-wallet $ cd BLOC-electron-wallet # install dependencies $ npm install # create build+dist directory $ mkdir -p ./build && mkdir -p ./dist # copy/symlink icons from assets, required for packaging $ cp ./src/assets/icon.* ./build/ # build GNU/Linux package $ mkdir -p ./bin/lin $ cp /path/to/linux-version-of/BLOC-service ./bin/lin/ $ npm run dist-lin # build Windows package $ mkdir -p ./bin/win $ cp /path/to/win-version-of/BLOC-service.exe ./bin/win/ $ npm run dist-win # build OSX package $ mkdir -p ./bin/osx $ cp /path/to/osx-version-of/BLOC-service ./bin/osx/ $ npm run dist-mac
Resulting packages or installer can be found inside
Porting for other coin
Please see this guide if you want to adapt BLOC-electron-wallet to be use for your own BLOC fork.