This repository includes an example application built using blueprint3d:
What is this?
This is a customizable application built on three.js that allows users to design an interior space such as a home or apartment. Below are screenshots from our Example App (link above).
- Create 2D floorplan:
- Add items:
- Design in 3D:
Developing and Running Locally
To get started, clone the repository and ensure you npm >= 3 and grunt installed, then run:
npm install grunt
The latter command generates
The easiest way to run locally is to run a local server from the
example directory. There are plenty of options. One uses Python's built in webserver:
cd example # Python 2.x python -m SimpleHTTPServer # Python 3.x python -m http.server
http://localhost:8000 in your browser.
This project requires a lot more work. In general, it was rushed through various prototype stages, and never refactored as much as it probably should be. We need your help!
Please contact us if you are interested in contributing.
- More complete documentation (based on the TypeDoc comments)
- Test suite (e.g. jasmine)
- Make it easier to build a complete application using blueprint3d (cleaner API, more inclusive base, easier integration with a backend)
- Better serialization format for saving/loading "designs"
- Remove the dependency on jquery from the core source!
- Better use of npm conventions and packaging
- Various bug fixes
- refactor three/* - use of classes, lambdas
- update to current threejs
- introduce a more formal persistency format
- put all relevant settings into Core.Configuration to make them read-/writeable, User settings?
- complete type docs for all entities
- there're a few TODO_Ekki's left, kill them all
src directory contains the core of the project. Here is a description of the various sub-directories:
core - Basic utilities such as logging and generic functions
floorplanner - 2D view/controller for editing the floorplan
items - Various types of items that can go in rooms
model - Data model representing both the 2D floorplan and all of the items in it
three - 3D view/controller for viewing and modifying item placement
This project is open-source! See LICENSE.txt for more information.