- Open Cinema 4D.
- Go to "Script -> User Scripts -> Script Folder..."
- Place Parse_MTL.py in that folder.
- You will probably need to restart C4D, but afterwards, goto "Script -> User Scripts -> Import .mtl file..."
- Select the mtl file you wish to import.
- The script will import the materials from the file.
(Written by mredig [https://github.com/mredig])
This is NOT my script. I merely edited a couple lines to turn off the specular channel if the settings in the mtl were 0 for specularity and to link to absolute values for paths. The original script is found at http://www.c4d-jack.de/site/
Parse_MTL.py is published under GPL 3.0.
I'd like to add a toggle to change between absolute paths and relative paths.
Some links that could come in handy when extending/improving the script: