The main goal of this project is to offer a basic framework to implement an old school shoot-them-up game. Rookies can practice algorithm and basic Java programming to acquire developement skills.
This framework is based on LibGDX and runs only on a desktop computer (Java SE 8) until now.
"RBN_Xenon_Reborn" is a classic Eclipse Project generated by the LibGdx config tool.
Here is how the v0.1.8 looks like (Youtube) (just click on the image to launch the video)
What's technicaly inside ?
- MVC paradigm
- Screen management and fade-in / fade-out transition (coded from scratch)
- Central assets management and loading, through enum
- Smooth random background scrolling on the first screen
- Object states and polymorphism on every stage of the software design
- Sprite Collision (coded from scracth based on circles)
- Music playing an old format (Amiga and Atari-ST Mod format) which is very tiny compared to MP3
- Parallalax scrolling on the game screen
- Java 8 lambdas and method references.
Code reviews :
- 0% issues in Codacy.
- All files rated A in Codefactor.
Average methods per class : 10 Average LoC per class : 4
Total : 2672 LoC Nb of classes : 57 (only)