A Smart Data Management Platform to feed the http://budget.g0v.it/ web applications.
The plaform is built around a knowledge graph that contains information about the Italian Government budget and other similar reports, namely:
- "disegno di legge di bilancio" (budget proposal)
- "legge di bilancio" (budget)
- "consuntivo di bilancio" (consolidated balance)
The platform extracts and links main financial facts from the official open data provided by the "Ministero dell'Economia e Finance" for 2014-2019 years .
The knowledge graph is compliant with RDF and Semantic Web Specification.
Applications can access the knowledge graph through a SPARQL interface.
An example of RESTfull APIs is also provided as part of the platform. The provided API queries the knowledge graph and expose the data as as required by http://budget.g0v.it/ application (source available at https://github.com/g0v-it/web-budget).
- SPARQL endpoint: https://data.budget.g0v.it/sparql
- Linked Data browser: http://data.budget.g0v.it/welcome
- API endpoint: https://data.budget.g0v.it/ldp
- Example of a data consumer: https://budget.g0v.it/
The project contains the two "core" logical components:
- sdaas (smart data as a service): the data management platform core providing a RDF store, a SPARQL endpoint, a data ingestion engine, a set of gateways to transform raw data in linked data and a build script that populates the RDF store. See files and docs in sdaas directory
- a set of apis that query the SPARQL endpoint and produce json data with a schema suitable to be used with the BubbleGraph Component. See files and docs in apis directory
Beside these, two additional optional components may be needed to complete a real production system:
- LODMAP server: a linked data web browser to deferencing URIS and navigate the Knowledge Graph;
- a router that provides a single access point to all services with firewall, caching and ssl features.
This picture shows the components interactions:
To deploy the platform deploy a stack of some services is required:
The platform is shipped with a Docker setup that makes it easy to get a containerized development environment up and running. If you do not already have Docker on your computer, it's the right time to install it.
To start core services using docker Compose type:
docker-compose build docker-compose up -d
This starts locally the following services:
|sdaas||a server that manages the datastore and the ingestion engine||29321|
|api||a server that manages the web-budget api||29322|
The first time you start the containers, Docker downloads and builds images for you. It will take some time, but don't worry this is done only once. Starting servers will then be lightning fast.
To shudown the platform type:
For answers you may not find in here or in the Wiki, avoid posting issues. Feel free to ask for support on the Slack general room. Make sure to mention @enrico so he is notified
- the Smart Data Management Platform was developed by LinkedData.Center
- the g0v fr-ap application profile and the LODMAP Bubble Graph Ontology was developed by Enrico Fagnoni @ LinkedData.Center
- API server was developed by Yassine Ouahidi @ LinkedData.Center and DataChef.Cloud
- data extracted from Open BDAP portal with CC-BY license
- the RDF datastore and the SPARQL endpoint is based on the Blazegraph community edition
The URI dereferencing platform is derived from the LODView project
The MIT License (MIT). Please see License File for more information.