For automating management of some g0v-related domains via config files.
The following damains can be managed here:
Changing or adding DNS records in
main branch of this repository will update
the actual domain records.
Future intention is to adopt g0v domain guidelines (English translation).
Table of Contents
🛠️ Technologies Used
- YAML. A human-friendly configuration file format.
- octoDNS. Command-line tool to update domain records from files -- infra-as-code!
- GitHub Actions. Continuous integration platform to run automation in the cloud.
The intended way to use this repository is directly via pull request on GitHub.
For support in making common DNS changes and adding new domains, see
To learn to submit changes, see Contributing
(You should only need to clone this code locally if working on the automation itself. See Development section.)
To contribute changes to our automation, you'll likely want to be able to run it locally. Here's what you'll need:
- Install Python 3
- Register a Cloudflare user account
- any non-special account will do
- Add each Cloudflare domain/zone/website (those mentioned above)
- you can "fake it" by initiating the import process, without activating (ie. no need to have access to the actual domain)
- Generate a properly scoped Cloudflare API token
- Documentation for creating tokens in your profile
Zone | DNS | Edit
- Zone Resources:
Include | Specific zone | example.comfor each zone/domain
Include | All zones from an account
To get started with this repo:
git clone https://github.com/g0v-network/domains cd domains
For a list of all support commands available via make, type:
To run your first commands:
make setup # Validate your config locally make validate # Copy and modify as needed with API token cp sample.env .env # Do a dry run against Cloudflare (no changes will be made) make dry-run # Do a REAL run (!!!) # # WARNING: this is destructive, and will delete any records on a domain that # are not present in your configuration files. make run
Please open an issue or pull request in order to create/update/delete any subdomains.
docs/HOWTO.md for detailed instructions.