A Google inspired mobile interface for TT-RSS.
What is it?
I was a big user of Google Reader's mobile webapp and when Google announced the end of Reader, I switched to TT-RSS. I was not satisfied with any of the other mobile interfaces out there for TT-RSS and decided I build my own based on the CSS styles from Google.
How to use it?
You should install the files in a directory on the same host as your TT-RSS install.
As the webapp uses AJAX calls to access the API, it should be hosted on the same domain name.
G2TTRSS assumes that your TT-RSS install is located at
<your-domain>/tt-rss, if this is not the case
js/g2tt-config.js and change
global_ttrssUrl (line 2) to point to the correct location.
If the webapp is installed in a subdirectory of TT-RSS, it could be wiped on an update to TT-RSS
so after each update of TT-RSS, you may need to reinstall G2TTRSS.
Use of this webapp requires TT-RSS's external APIs. They are enabled through TT-RSS's preferences:
- in Tiny Tiny RSS go into
Enable external API
- mark all displayed as read
- categories and subcategories
- display all/new/starred/published
- view oldest/newest first
- display just a single feed
- link to the original article
- unread count display in category view
- special feeds
- star/unstar article support
- mark as read/unread article
- iPhone webapp support (startup image & icon)
- login/logout support
- load more articles (15 at a time)
- search for keywords in feeds
- Google Reader style hotkeys (
Future features are tracked as issues.
j- Jump and expand next item.
k- Jump and expand previous item.
n- Jump to next item.
p- Jump to previous item.
o- Expand/collapse current item.
m- Mark current item as read/unread.
Configuration options can be found in the js/g2tt-config.js file. These are options to change your personal preference for how the interface works.
global_ttrssUrl (Default: ("/tt-rss/"))
The path to your TT-RSS installation relative to your domain.
pref_Feed (String, default: ('-4'), all items)
The default feed to display. Available values:
- >0 - A specific feed
- 0 - Uncategorized
- -1 - Special (e.g. Starred, Published, Archived, etc.)
- -2 - Labels
- -3 - All feeds, excluding virtual feeds (e.g. Labels and such)
- -4 - All feeds, including virtual feeds
pref_ViewMode (Default: ('unread'), unread articles only)
Show unread or all articles? Available values:
- unread - show unread articles only
- all - show all articles
pref_OrderBy (Default: ('date_reverse'), oldest first)
Sort order of the articles/items. Available values:
- date_reverse - oldest first
- feed_dates - newest first, goes by feed date
- (nothing) - TT-RSS's default (whatever that is)
pref_FeedSort (Default: ('0'), do not sort feeds)
Sort the feeds (categories) in alphabetical order or not. Availables values:
- 0 - do not sort feeds, display in the order TT-RSS returns them
- 1 - sort the feeds in alphabetical order (A-Z)
pref_StartInCat (Default: ('0'), start showing articles)
Start showing the feeds (categories) or articles (items)
- 0 - start showing articles
- 1 - start showing feeds