Welcome to your VS Code Extension
What's in the folder
- This folder contains all of the files necessary for your extension
package.json- this is the manifest file in which you declare your language support and define the location of the grammar file that has been copied into you extension.
syntaxes/crystal.tmLanguage- this is the Text mate grammar file that is used for tokenization
crystal.configuration.json- this the language configuration, defining the tokens that are used for comments and brackets.
Get up and running straight away
- Make sure the language configuration settings in
F5to open a new window with your extension loaded
- create a new file with a file name suffix matching your language
- verify that syntax highlight works and that the language configuration settings are working
- you can relaunch the extension from the debug toolbar after making changes to the files listed above
- you can also reload (
Cmd+Ron Mac) the VS Code window with your extension to load your changes
Add more language features
- To add features such as intellisense, hovers and validators check out the VS Code extenders documentation at https://code.visualstudio.com/docs
Install your extension
- To start using your extension with Visual Studio Code copy it into the /.vscode/extensions folder and restart Code.
- To share your extension with the world, read on https://code.visualstudio.com/docs about publishing an extension.