Replication code for "Policy Shocks and Market-Based Regulations: Evidence from the Renewable Fuel Standard."
American Journal of Agricultural Economics
email@example.com), C.-Y. Cynthia Lin Lawell (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Aaron Smith (email@example.com)Gabriel E. Lade (
The data needed for replication are contained in “dataSTATA\policy_shocks_ajae.dta”
Note: All RIN price data have been removed. The data are available to purchase from the Oil Price Information Service.
All do-files are in the folder codeSTATA.
To replicate all empirical results:
- Designate user and directory in “0_runme.”
- Run lines 1-46 of “0_runme” to import data.
- Run “2a_sumstats” to create Figure 1, Figure 2, Table 2, and Table 4.
- Run “2b_mainregs_rins” to create Table 5 and Table 6.
- Run “2c_mainregs_commodities” to create Table 7 and Online Appendix Tables B.5 and B.6.
- Run “2d_mainregs_stocks” to create Table 8.
- Run “3a_robust_rins” to create Online Appendix Tables B.1, B.2, B.3, B.4, and B.8.
All figures will be saved in the folder figSTATA and all tables will be saved in the folder tablesSTATA.