A fork based on DivineDominion's which adds a few features I'd been looking for (and let me get some coding practice).
Notational Velocity ALT is a fork of the original Notational Velocity with some additional features and some interface modifications. It is a work in progress. I'm not listing it as a beta, as that would imply that it was on its way to being its own product. It's an experiment, and I hope you enjoy it!
Notational Velocity is a way to take notes quickly and effortlessly using just your keyboard. You press a shortcut to bring up the window and just start typing. It will begin searching existing notes, filtering them as you type. You can use ⌘-J and ⌘-K to move through the list. Enter selects and begins editing. If you're creating a new note, you just type a unique title and press enter to move the cursor into a blank edit area. Check out the descriptions at notational.net for a more eloquent synopsis.
Notational Velocity ALT adds:
- Widescreen (horizontal) layout option
- Shortcut (⌘-⌥-N) to collapse the notes panel
- Markdown, Textile and MultiMarkdown support with Preview window
- HTML source code tab in the Preview window for fast copy/paste to blogs, etc.
- Unique interface design changes
- Fixes for a couple of bugs/annoyances
- Customizable HTML and CSS files for the Preview window
After the first time you run the Preview window, look in
~/Library/Application Support/Notational Velocity and you'll find two files: