LED chandelier that talks to the fitbit API, and nags you with blinking lights when you're being too lazy for the day.
- If you've met your total goal for the day, the chandelier will transition between rainbow colors.
- If you're more than 50% behind your step goal, given the time of day, the chandelier will blink red and be angry at you.
- Otherwise, the chandelier a solid color that changes as you get closer to your goal.
nagelier was created at 2013 San Francisco Science Hack Day and won the award for "Best Design".
Read the instructables post for details on hardware construction.
git clonethis repo
- Setup your API credentials, so we can read your data
cp fitbit_api_credentials.yml.example fitbit_api_credentials.yml
- 'consumer' keys are created when you register your app at https://dev.fitbit.com/apps
- per-user keys are created when you authorize the app to access your account. The easiest way to generate this is to use a command line script bundled with the python
pip install fitbit
python /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/fitbit/gather_keys_cli.py your_consumer_key your_consumer_secret
- install code to arduino and connect the Arduino via USB to your computer
bundle exec bin/nagelier yourusername