Dynamic R Prompt
Set the R prompt dynamically, from a function. The package contains some examples.
prompt_fancy() and it has
- The status of the last command (success or failure).
- The amount of memory allocated by the current R process.
- The name of the R package being developed using devtools.
- Name of the active git branch.
- State of the git working tree (needs pushes, pulls, and/or dirty).
A powerline clone, that also shows the system load average and the current working directory.
Install the package from CRAN, as usual:
Use one of the pre-defined prompts, as on the screenshots, or create your own.
You can set the prompt in your
.Rprofile. Maybe you only want to do this
in interactive mode:
if (interactive()) prompt::set_prompt(prompt::prompt_fancy)
or the powerline prompt:
if (interactive()) prompt::set_prompt(prompt::new_prompt_powerline())
MIT © Gábor Csárdi