Countly is an innovative, real-time, open source mobile analytics application. It collects data from mobile phones, and visualizes this information to analyze mobile application usage and end-user behavior. There are two parts of Countly: the server that collects and analyzes data, and mobile SDK that sends this data.
Below you can find Countly SDK repositories;
- API Server (Countly-API)
- Android SDK (countly-sdk-android)
- iOS SDK (countly-sdk-ios)
- ActionScript 3 SDK (countly-sdk-as3)
- Windows Phone SDK (countly-sdk-windows-phone)
- Blackberry WebWorks SDK (countly-sdk-blackberry-webworks)
- Icenium and Phonegap SDK (countly-sdk-js)
- Unity SDK (countly-sdk-unity)
How do I install Countly Frontend Server on Heroku?
- Configure the API Server first
- Create a Heroku server (Cedar)
- Add SendGrid add-on by running
heroku addons:add sendgrid:starter
heroku config:add SENDGRID_SENDERfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Configure this repository to push to Heroku
heroku config:add COUNTLYDB=Your COUNTLYDB from the API server
- Change server on countly.common.js (
countlyCommon.READ_API_URL = "http://your_api_server/o")
- Push to Heroku and you are done
I am using S3 now for handling app icons. You have to setup your keys for it to work:
heroku config:add S3_ACCESS_KEY=key S3_ACCESS_SECRET=secret S3_BUCKET=bucket
- Update the path with your url in the files (Search for
- Make sure the file is 25x25 (had to remove imagemagick)
Quick overview of some important files and directories included in this package;
Countly dashboard that runs on express server.
Contains seperate helper js files for each data visualization. For example
countly.session.js is responsible for calculating session related metrics and interacts with
api/api.js to retrieve data from the sessions collection.
How can I help you with your efforts?
Glad you asked. We need ideas, feedbacks and constructive comments. All your suggestions will be taken care with upmost importance.