Redash Mixpanel Query Runner (JQL)
Docker project with Mixpanel integration as a datasource.
Have Docker installed on your desktop.
1. Install Docker environment
Note: It can take 10 to 20 minutes to build.
docker-compose run --rm server create_db
2. Launch Docker
3. Get your API Secret and Token on Mixpanel
See instructions here: https://help.mixpanel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004490503-Project-Token-API-Key-API-Secret
4. Go on localhost in order to access Redash
5. Add Mixpanel Datasource on Redash using your API Secret and Token
6. Run a Query using Mixpanel JQL
Like below :
main = () => People()
See documentation here: https://developer.mixpanel.com/docs/jql-api-reference
How it works
- I added a mixpanel query runner and logo in redash folder.
- Then, in requirements_all_ds.txt, I added the Mixpanel library as a dependency.
- Finally, I added my runner in my .env file (used by Redash) in order to have it available as a data source. More details here: https://redash.io/help/open-source/admin-guide/env-vars-settings