Wise -`ღ´- Stack
Wise-stack is an opinioned modular Rails 5.2+ application template focused on Ruby developing best practices. It's compatible with rails 6.0+.
Wise-stack aims to provide a customizable stack of recipes for the template. It installs the latest gem version obtained from rubygems.org, so you don't have to bother to have the template up-to-date.
Some recipes are optionals. Wise-stack asks for installation, but you can configure default answers on default_answers.yml
git clone email@example.com:gabrypulzio/wise-stack.git /path/to/wise-stack rails new [APPLICATION_NAME] -T -m /path/to/wise-stack/template.rb
- Modular recipes
- Produces explicit gem version on Gemfile, to avoid breaking changes on code in case of gem updates (see: rubygems guides)
- Automatically install latest versions of gems.
- Updates automatically system gem tools (rubocop, html2slim).
- Webpack compatible.
- Uses Slim as template language.
- Best practices tools:
- Common developing tools:
- security tools:
- testing tools:
- Git gitignore that properly ignores security sensitive files.
- Rails overwrites for a more clean and secure scaffolding.
- Custom .rubocop.yml with a rails friendly configuration.
Special notes on recipes
- If used, stylesheets will be served through webpack, to simplify stylesheets management.
- Disables scaffold stylesheets, assets, helpers and json from scaffolding.
- Sets quiet assets.
- Removes application.css and install a blank application.scss in favor of scss syntax.
- Installs a custom .rubocop.yml on the project root path.
- A rubocop autocorrection will be executed in the end of the template process.
- All views will be automatically converted to slim using html2slim in the end of the template process.