Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
The Galapag.us Tribe
Our tribal values:
Our ultimate goals:
- We believe that a primary goal of life is to maximize eudaimonia and to help others do the same.
- We individuals own our own data, and can control its availability.
- We believe in sharing and strength through interconnectedness.
- We believe in transparency and accountability.
- Our data is a powerful form of expression of our own identities, and we should be allowed to fully show and present that data identity and reputation in a free society.
- We are each members of many tribes and have many identities and faces, and only through all layers combined can we be understood in context.
- We believe in networked webs of people reinforcing validity of each others' information.
- We believe in generativity through open source and open, linked, organized data.
- We believe in economic incentives and positive externalities.
- We believe in being fast and adaptive.
- We individuals can balance the benefits of others, governments, and companies having data about us, against the benefits of retaining ownership, oversight, and privacy of our own data.
- We individuals benefit from being more public and open, rather than less.
- We individuals should be able to fully express ourselves by being honest, open, vulnerable, genuine, and caring.
- We individuals, through sharing our own data, can benefit from what currently only governments and companies can exploit off of us.
- Instead of rumors, gossip, credit ratings, etc. determining reputation, we can use data science, Moneyball, and a combination of quantification and qualification to build a more thorough reputation for ourselves that doesn't just rely on wealth and popularity.
- We will become the standard for the world's 21st century reputation system.
- We will give every human on Earth (and his internet of things) a reputation and identity.
- We will marry quantification and qualification.
- We will make social data and social capital household phrases.
- We will be the example of open social information.
- We will provide the model for transparency.
- We will explore mechanisms for direct democracy.
- We will organize everyone's personal data.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.