rc_openpgpjs is an open source (GPLv2) extension adding OpenPGPs functionality to the Roundcube webmail project. rc_openpgpjs is written with the intention to be as user friendly as possible for everyday PGP use. See Why do you need PGP?, OpenPGP.js and Roundcube for more info.
- E-mail PGP signing
- E-mail PGP encryption and decryption
- Secure key storage (HTML5 local storage)
- Key generation
- Key lookups against PGP Secure Key Servers
The keys are stored client side using HTML5 web storage. Private keys are never transferred from the user's local storage. Private and public keys can be exported from the web storage and be used outside of Roundcube and equally externally generated keys can be imported and used inside Roundcube.
Public keys can be imported from PGP Secure Key Servers, i.e. pool.sks-keyservers.net and any other Public Key Server which follows the OpenPGP HTTP Keyserver Protocol (HKP), i.e pgp.mit.edu.
- Copy plugin to 'plugins' folder
- Add 'rc_openpgpjs' to plugins array in your Roundcube config (config/main.inc.php)
For any bug reports or feature requests please refer to the tracking system.
Questions? Please see the FAQ.