Makes stats about the Internet. School project.
Country database from http://ipinfodb.com/ip_database.php is needed (Complete (city) single table)
- May 01, 2011: Fixed timeout by removing synchronized from the addAll() DbQueue method. Some commenting.
- Apr 29, 2011: All stats added to the statistics page. Some commenting. Some JUnit tests added.
- Apr 28, 2011: Added window to chose what application to start, Server, Client or Statview. Added ability to submit initial URL, so you now can start crawling over network without having any links in the db. Some more error handling like HTTP error codes. Stats window updated to include the IP/Host category, with working statdisplay and sortable tables. A timeout is still happening after first batch of results are succefully submitted...
- Apr 27, 2011: Added a settings dialog for database stuff in the Server. Added better error handling for when you cannot connect to the database. Will reconnect when you change the database settings and ensure a connection is open.
- Apr 26, 2011: Finally got it to work over network! It will now fetch links, crawl them, and submit the reults to the database. It times out on next fetch though :
- Apr 22, 2011: Receives links, succefully deserialize, succefully crawls, but disconnects without any error when trying to send in the results....
- Apr 13, 2011: Problems with sending packets. Cannot be serialized, it says. Gonna look into it.
- Apr 12, 2011: Should be able to fetch links now. Note: untested
- Apr 11, 2011: Ability to chose ports and host. Some initial start of a way to send requests and responses.
- Apr 10, 2011: Made a table for links currently in crawl-state.
- Apr 09, 2011: Continued a bit with the host/node environment. Can now connect clients to server.
- Apr 08, 2011: Started implementation of a Host/node environment. A server that should handle database, and clients that crawls
- Apr 07, 2011: Image stats added. Changed the Stat interface to normal object instead of Thread. Random nullpointer in "Thread-2" occuring...
- Apr 06, 2011: Major revamp. A sort of "plugable" parse system implemented, but not fully done. A database queue system was implemented. This slows the crawling down a bit, but it keeps the stat more accurate. Some commenting and documentation.
- Mar 18, 2011: Changed the way of how links to crawl are fetched, they are now fetched in batches of 10. Added a way to open the statview frame.
- Feb 12, 2011: Parser is in own thread. Table for progress of every parser thread running.
- Jan 30, 2011: Re-organisation of files and packages. Stat frame started. JXTreeTable added for Country stats (wow this one was a hard one to figure out lol). Country stats improved.
- Jan 22, 2011: Added country, city and region stats for the IPs.
- Jan 21, 2011: Added host stats. IP get's only counted once per hostname. Gets stuck if website is down, need to implement some sort of timeout continue stuff
- Jan 20, 2011: Should only crawl sites that is text/html, we don't want to crawl images as jsoup apparently gets stuck there. If an URL contains # we still get stuck though :s. Basic IP stats added.
- Jan 19, 2011: Further mySQL transition
- Jan 18, 2011: Started transition from vars to mySQL to store pending and crawled URLs
- Jan 14, 2011: Start. It get's stuck at twitter though... Have to fix that