- Download play framework: http://playframework.com/
- Add it to your system path
- Install MySQL if needed
- Create a database and execute the table definition found at http://stat-computing.org/dataexpo/2009/sqlite.html
- Download a .csv from http://stat-computing.org/dataexpo/2009/the-data.html, the 1987 is decent enough size (1m rows, but only 80 000 are needed currently). Place it in client/data
- Open server/conf/application.conf and enter the mysql details
db.default.url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/testdb" db.default.user=root db.default.password=""
- Open client/src/net/pixomania/dbtest/client/Main and change the line
ArrayList<Flight> flights = Util.loadFlights(new File("C:\\Users\\Victor\\dbtest\\client\\data\\1987.csv"));to correspond with the absolute path to the .csv.
- Open a terminal window. cd into the server directory. Execute
play compilefollowed by
- Run client/Main.java (start MySQL prior)
- Program should now send 80 000 consecutive requests, and 80 000 rows should have been inserted into the database
- To shutdown the server after executing
play start, press Ctrl-D, open a terminal and terminate the java process of the server, and then remove the RUNNING_PID from the server directory.
** Note: DB4o does not run on development (the
play run command) and has to be tested in production
play start command) **
Relationships implemented in branch 'relational' https://github.com/galaxyAbstractor/thesis/tree/relational