logo based on a Hubble Image
Intro to Galaxy Administration @ Gent
17-21 April 2023
Location, Logistics, and Registration
This training will be offered 17-21 April 2023 at Monasterium PoortAckere - Monasterium in Belgium
See the workshop's Galaxy Community Hub page for details on logistics and registration.
Training VM instances
Galaxy training instances will be bootstrapped with a small Ansible playbook, which you may find useful for repeating the exercises at home using a VM, Docker image, etc.
A tentative schedule is now available here. Get a sneak peek at the topics that will be covered during this intensive training program. Timetable with sessions and material is being continuously updated. This is NOT final.
- Helena Rasche - Erasmus Medical Center, the Netherlands
- Saskia Hiltemann - Erasmus Medical Center, the Netherlands
- Nate Coraor - Galaxy Project, Penn State University, United States
- Marius van den Beek - Galaxy Project, Penn State University, Europe
- Nicola Soranzo - Earlham Institute
- Mira Kuntz - Uni-Freiburg, Germany
- Sanjay Srikakulam - Uni-Freiburg, Germany
- Catherine Bromhead - Australian BioCommons, Australia
Everyone is expected to abide by the Galaxy Code of Conduct (CoC). We want this to be a welcoming and friendly environment for everyone! Please see the CoC for more information and the point of contact for any issues.
After the Training
Everything you were taught in the past few days can be found in the admin section of the Galaxy Training Materials.
For those of you who also need to do some Galaxy development, there is a dev section of training materials for those topics as well. There you can learn to integrate webhooks and tours, and learn about advanced tool development. For those who need to teach Galaxy or want to contribute training materials, we have lots of tutorials for you!
Chat with us on Matrix and explore the Galaxy Matrix Space!