Ticket and Pull Request Guidelines
The policy on issues is:
- Non-committers should discuss issues on the Lift mailing list before opening a issue.
- All non-committer issues should have a link back to the mailing list discussion that led to opening the issue so the whole world can see why the issue came into being.
- All non-committer issues should be set to no milestone, no assignment and normal (or lower) priority unless a committer explicitly asked for assignment (that means they agreed to do the work).
- A committer may open a issue at whatever priority for whatever milestone and assign it to himself.
- There should be very little discussion about issue in the issuing system. The discussion should take place on the Lift list so the discussion is available to a broader audience.
We will accept pull requests into the Lift codebase if the pull requests meet the following criteria:
- The request represents one or more of the following:
- Documentation including ScalaDoc comments in code
- Example code
- Small changes, enhancements, or bug fixes to Lift’s code
- The request includes a signature at the bottom of the /contributors.md file.